Monday, October 3, 2011

10/3/2011

That one little post down there looked so ugly and spare on this layout, so I figured I'd write 'till I got tired.

Tonight, I was the subject of a case study. It was really... weird. It was very interesting and all, but I got into a fast habit of sort of zoning out so I didn't have to dig too deep in order to answer my interviewer's questions. The subject of the study was uncomfortable, as I expected it to be, but I didn't intend on feeling so emotionally drained after the process was over. It made me hyper-conscious of my professors who teach social sciences; how uncomfortable studies might become when the subject matter is complicated and difficult to talk about. I felt laid out on the table and picked at, but at the same time, empowered by the fact that, hey, this is my story, and now it might be up for publication and all the bullshit that happened last fall might serve in some greater purpose.

I had a weird weekend. I love the cold and the whole process of bundling up every morning, but with the changing weather comes changing skies and daylight hours, and with all that? Seasonal Affective Disorder! 'Tis the season for skipping all of my classes that come before 1 PM and sleeping my days away. I've been dreading fall for some time now because I'm really fucking nervous about how this year will go. I fucked up awfully bad last year and don't want to risk being pulled out of college just because I don't want to leave my bedroom, but here I am, stupidly staying up until 2 in the morning and thinking nothing of what that will bring for tomorrow morning.

Now is a time as good as ever to try and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment